I have met lots of authors, each different, unique and inspiring. Every once in a while I find an author whose words not only inspire, but capture your attention from start to finish. Author C.D. Samuda is one of those authors. A diverse romance author who also writes sci-fi romance as Diana Flame. Not one, but two pen names for this special author.
I was enchanted with her book, Devious Love, A fairy tale from the Once Upon a Villian Series. It was the first book I read by this very talented author. A story about Cinderella's stepmother and what happens to her after Cinderella gets her happy ending. I was truly impressed! It is well written and using the King's English is a brilliant move! Let's find out more about this talented author.
1. Tell us about yourself. I’m a Jamaican, a semi introvert who hates talking on the phone, hates messaging and hates having to leave the confines of my bedroom/writing space. But I will talk to you at length about writing or other topics of interest, such as cats and babies.
2. When did you know you wanted to be an author? I have always loved books since I could remember. I started writing seriously at 8. Taking my compositions and essay writing seriously. Stories were imaginative, giving my teachers a hint of my creative mind. I loved to fantasize and I would use my imagination so much that I began to believe my own stories. But I honestly believe my desire to become a published author was at 15. That was when I understood my calling and what being an author really means.
3. What genres do you like to read? Are these the same genres you write in? I love good stories no matter the genre. What makes me read a book is not the genre, but the writing style of the author. I love punchy styles that grab the reader from the first line. I do read books in the genres I write as well.
4. Is your book for adults, young adults or children? My books are definitely for adults.
5. What is your current release or project? Labyrinth was released on October 18 and has made Amazon bestselling list. Stealing Hearts was released October 28 – (steamy billionaire interracial romance) Souvenir will release November 11 – (my first attempt at erotica) the reason being that I have been told that some of my books are borderline erotica/erotic romance. I wanted to challenge myself to see how one would turn out. One Wish will be released on December 16 – Christmas interracial romance
6. Tell us about the key characters One of my favorite characters in my most recent releases and projects is Shade Montgomery from Stealing Hearts, a car thief who is actually hiding from her past by living on the streets. She meets Braeden when she tries to steal his car and he makes an offer she can’t refuse. You have to read it to find out more.
7. What is your blurb or synopsis of the book?
On the verge of a scientific breakthrough, Julian McConnell goes missing. His Medical Technology Company is thrown into chaos and his business associate scrambles to fix the mess left behind.
Somewhere in a remote location, a man wakes up with no recollection of who he is. However, the beautiful doctor caring for him triggers more than just his memories, she awakens his heart.
A love story that goes beyond the ordinary. Two people thrown together in a dangerous situation must work together to find the truth. What will they find when they dig a little deeper? Things aren’t always the way they seem, but sometimes you will find the answer if you look beyond the surface.
Love, lies and danger await you in this romantic suspense.
Labyrinth excerpt: A soft groan broke the silence in the small room. Sunlight filtered through the tiny window, casting its golden glow on the white washed walls. A slight shuffle of feet was the only other sound that could be heard in the space. The groan came again, much louder. One eye cracked open a slit. The glare of the sun reflecting off the wall blinded him, causing an excruciating pain at the back of his eyes. Squeezing them shut, he grimaced against the discomfort. With a groan, he tried to ease himself up but a sharp pain in his head rendered him immobile. More than the agony was the sterile odor that made his nostrils twitch. That scent brought him an unfathomable sense of sadness. “What’s the matter with me?” he tried to speak, but his voice failed. Opening one eye again, he came into contact with sparkling brown ones. They hovered over him from oval shaped face, her caramel skin smooth and lustrous, lips lusciously curved at the corners. The other eye opened and he widened them both, looking deeply into hers. Who was she?
8. Do you have a favorite scene? I enjoyed writing this novel so much that every part is special to me.
9. What advice would you give a beginner? Never give up on your dream. Do not allow anyone to discourage you. Write something every day, even if it’s ten words. Never let a day go by without working towards that dream of yours.
Short Bio: I have concluded that there are two things in life I cannot live without. I cannot breathe without writing, and the idea of never having cheesecake again is completely unthinkable. My passion for writing came through my love of books, starting at a tender age. My mom keeps reminding me that I started kindergarten before the acceptable age and was the youngest in my school. She said I loved books before I could properly form words. When I was in high school, I read every Mills & Boon and every Harlequin romance I could get my hands on. That’s when I knew I was going to be a romance author. I am now living my dream.
For more on this author, visit her links: